[EpiData-list] "date" fields

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Dec 12 03:19:29 CST 2005

I don't think it is possible to modify the way EpiData 'understands' dates. Nevertheless, you cas add a check that refuses the date when it doesn't verify a certain condition:
For example, if the date has to be at least 10 days before the date of entry, you will aff the following checkblock to the date field:
DATE1
  If DATE1 > today - 10 then
    Help "DATE1 has to be at least 10 days before today"
    goto DATE1
    Clear DATE1
  ENDIF
END

Line 1 (Help...) will display an error message each time the error condition is met.
Line 2 & 3 (Goto / clear) will, as soon as the error message is akcnowledged, return to the field and erase what was previously entered, until a valid entry is entered (or nothing).

			Gilles DELMAS
			Institut de Veille Sanitaire
			Dept. Maladies Infectieuses,
			Unité infections entériques, alimentaires et zoonoses
			12 rue du Val d'Osne 94415 Saint-Maurice cedex - France
			+ 33 1 41 79 67 27
			g.delmas at invs.sante.fr