[EpiData-list] Jumps reset

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Feb 15 08:21:04 CST 2006

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question about the jumps reset command.
>
> What I would like to do is based on the answers of 2 items in the
> questionnaire I would like to either keep entering data or fill the rest
> of the section with 7's.
>
> I know how to use one item jumps reset, but not how to do it for 2
> items. I was thinking about creating a sum of the items and then if the
> sum equals a particular value either you keep going or fill. The two
> items added together would have a range of 2-6 and when it's 2 I would
> like to skip (fill) the section. However, my usage of EpiData up until
> now has been rather basic, so the programming for this is a little
> beyond me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Bellinda

Hi Bellinda,

another way to do more complex skip and fill rules is using If ... then
in a After Entry-Block for Item2, something like this:

If (item1>1) and (item2>1) THEN
	var1=7
	var2=7
	var3=-7
	var4=0
	GOTO nextvar
Endif

That's more programming than "jumps reset" but much more flexible.

Regards

Juergen Spiegel

Freiburger Institut fuer angewandte Sozialwissenschaft e.V.
FIFAS
Erasmusstr. 16, D-79098 Freiburg
Telefon: (0761) 28 83 64  Fax: (0761) 29 27 493
Web: 	www.fifas.de
e-mail:	info at fifas.de