[EpiData-list] Calculating elapsed time for a procedure crossing midnight ?

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Mar 16 19:35:27 CST 2006

I'm a novice epidata user and am calculating elapsed time for a
procedure (never more than a few hours) which can cross midnight.  This
is implicit if the ending time is less than the starttime.  Can anyone
suggest how modify the code below to add a day when the endtime is after
midnight?  Thanks!  --Dale

BEFORE FILE
   DEFINE varStartTime ########.#####
   DEFINE varEndTIME ########.#####
END

STARTTIM
   RANGE 0 23.59
END

ENDTIME
   RANGE 0 23.59
   AFTER ENTRY
     varStartTime=STARTDAT+TIME2NUM(STARTTIM)
     varEndTime=STARTDAT+TIME2NUM(ENDTIME)
     HOURSMIN=NUM2TIME(varEndTime-varStartTime)
END

HOURSMIN
   NOENTER
END