[EpiData-list] second try: order of missing values in document->codebook

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Mar 24 16:39:43 CST 2006

Didn't hear from anyone, so I'm trying again (sorry).

  I have been creating a dataset using epidata. I was looking through the  documentation->codebook to get a sense of the distribution ofvalues  for thevariables. I just noticed that the missing values (.) appear at  an almost random point in the otherwise ordered list (in this  example,between 9 and 10).  I compared the codebook with SAS  tables and the data appear to be correct.

               tabulation:   Freq.    Pct.   Value   Label
                                 2     3.8       3
                                 1     1.9       4
                                 2     3.8       5
                                 6    11.5       7