[EpiData-list] data entry error messages with beep sound

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Aug 2 10:40:50 CDT 2006

  Dear  experts,

   I use Epidata for data entry and like the easy possibility to add checks
to  field values entered during data entry, such as Range  , Legal etc...

Any time a value not valid  is entered, Epidata displays a small window to
alert for the error.

My question is : Is it possible to have a BEEP  accompanying this (window)
alert ?

I went to documentation , and to the EPIDATA-List, and get no direct
answer. BEEP command is to be added by the user himself when needed.
( while I want a sound beep  systematically when any wrong value
entered  i.e. a beep attached to the warning window itself and not to a
particular field check code)

I went to OPTIONS and found advanced options  and  have checked the option
"sound alerts" but seems no effective during data entry.

Any suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help.