[EpiData-list] best text editor for complicated check files

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun Aug 20 06:49:25 CDT 2006

I usually use EpiData itself, just by opening the CHK file under FILE,
OPEN, and select the relevant file from all the files in the epidata
working directory (make sure you select the correct file extension). For
me the EpiData text editor works perfectly fine. I write all my check
files from scratch and they are often very long and complicated. I do
not use the check module and it has never occurred that comment lines
were stripped away. Hope this is useful. Happy writing and best regards,

Dr Henrica A.F.M. (Henriette) Jansen
Epidemiologist,
WHO Multi-country Study Violence against Women
Department of Gender, Women and Health

Tel direct: +41 22 791 3106
Fax direct: +41 22 791 1585
Mobile: +41 78 730 3035