[EpiData-list] appending several files

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Aug 24 22:31:46 CDT 2006

Richard,
You can use Analysis to merge the files. It's easy to do manually:

cd c:\directory with the files
read file1
append file2
append file3
* etc
savedata mergefile
close

If your file names are always the same, you can put those commands into
a .pgm file to do this.

If the file names change, it can be semi-automated. Using good old DOS,
it is relatively simple to have a batch file create the .pgm file to do
this. With .pgm files, you can also do the append for any number of
files in a directory in a way that you only have to enter the file names
one at a time. (more complicated, but I've done it).

Jamie Hockin
Public Health Agency of Canada