[EpiData-list] Appending

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Aug 28 04:48:01 CDT 2006

Dear Richard:

You can do it in EpiData Entry the Epi Info way, that is two at a time.
Alternatively, use the elegant EpiData Analysis solution:

erase "abcde.rec"
read "a.rec"
append "b.rec"
append "c.rec"
append "d.rec"
append "e.rec"

save "abcde.rec"

Regards,

Hans Rieder

I have several people entering data to a common structure at different
sites.  They email me the .rec files which I then combine into one file
periodically.  It seems as though I need to combine the files 2 at a
time.  Is it possible to combine them in one step?  Are commands
available such that a command file could do the task?  Another option is
to merge the files in SAS after converting the file 2 at a time, but
that, too, would take several steps.

Richard Herrell
NIMH

--