[EpiData-list] How to calculate in epidataanalysis

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Sep 27 20:04:36 CDT 2006

To the list:
I do have a database with the fields weight (floating number) and height (floating number).
I can make operations like defining a new floating variable and using the command
newvariable = height/2 or newvariable = height*height
but when I tri to define IMC ## and then
IMC=weight/(height^2) or IMC=weight/(height*height)
I do receive a "data tipe mismatch" as an answer.
I cant have an answer when I try to get age as
agemonths=(visitdate-birthdate)/30
The same calculations work with epiinfo for dos with the same datafile.
Gerson Zanetta de Lima
Brazil