[EpiData-list] problem with installing EpiData Analysis

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Sep 28 13:07:19 CDT 2006

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sorry for continuing this saga. I again downloaded the complete setup (both the exe and the zip) and placed copies on desktop, C: drive and D: drive and tried to run each of them. I also tried to run the exe file directly from the epidata download page.  Finally I did the same with the Spanish version. All with the same result: I am getting the error message mentioned below immediately as the first thing when I try to run the file (in the blue window "Setup - EpiData Analysis Public Release"), thus even before I am given the option to determine where to install it.

Our organization's IT people generally do not give support to software that they don't know and since I do not have this problem with other software (I installed for example last week EpiData Entry and SPSS without any problems) they referred to the developers/providers of the software. But from your reaction it does not seem to be a common problem among other users, so I probably should try to get back to our IT people....

Thanks again,
Henriette