[EpiData-list] Regarding automatically filling of fields by a helping database

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun Jan 7 13:56:41 CST 2007

***
Comments to the suggested procedures:

Regarding Jens Lauritsens' comment- I am working with a great number of 'brand names' of about 3.000. It will be a very big CHK file and a lot of work to do to arrange the file. I did not tried the model.
As to Hans' comment- I tried the model and used the following syntax in the MedicineQues.CHK file:

    MEDNVN
      MUSTENTER
        COMMENT LEGAL AutoFillMedGenATC.rec SHOW
        TYPE COMMENT MedGen
    END

    MedGen
      NOENTER
    END

My NameGenericATC.CHK looked like this:

    MedNvn
      KEY 1
    END

    GenNvn
      KEY 2
    END

My MedicineQues.QES file looked like this:

    MedNvn   the name of the Drug      ___________________
    MedGen   The Generic name          ___________________
    MedATC   The ATC code              _____________

and my NameGenericATC.REC looked like this:

    MedNvn     Aspirin       MedGen   acetylic salicylic acid     n02ba01
    MedNvn     Beuron       MedGen   acetaminophen               n02be01
    MedNvn     Efferalgan  MedGen   acetaminophen               n02be01
    MedNvn     Panadol      MedGen   acetaminophen               n02be01
    MedNvn     Paralen       MedGen   acetaminophen               n02be01
    MedNvn    Tyelenol      MedGen   acetaminophen               n02be01

However, I could not find out to get the ATC codes to appear on the MedATC field.