[EpiData-list] Regarding automatically filling of fields

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Jan 8 22:03:52 CST 2007

You can only put one field in this way at Entry time. Using your
approach to add MedGen to the questionnaire, you can get MedATC into the
.rec file using Analysis as follows:

READ MedicineQues
RELATE MedGen MedGenATC2
SET replace=on
SAVEDATA MedicineQATC /drop medatc1 medgen1
CLOSE

where MedGenATC2 has only one record per generic with the fields MedGen
and MedATC
/DROP gets rid of the extra copies of the two variables