[EpiData-list] Importing other file formats (eg SPSS) to create REC, CHK and QES files

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Jan 9 18:25:49 CST 2007

Hello,

I know that EpiData has the ability to output data in SPSS format (a TXT
file and an SPS file which can be run to create a SAV file) - is it possible
to reverse this process and either use a SAV file or a SPS/TXT combination
to create REC and CHK files (and ideally even the QES file to go with them)?

I'm also interested if I could generate REC/CHK files from other file
formats, such as Triple-S (and output to this too) - what options are there
currently for doing this. If nothing, are any being worked on or considered
for implementation in future versions? I would be interested in helping with
developing these things if that is possible or would help also.

Thanks,
Charity