[EpiData-list] QES with two colmns?

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Feb 12 06:22:31 CST 2007

Hello all,

As times goes by, Im getting the idea that data entry is an art more then a
science. Many ptojects have to keep a lot of fields in the paper form and at
the end the paper is not big enough to have them all. The consequence is
that the QES file should be as similar as possible with paper forms. These
last couple weeks Im tryin to make a QES file with tow columns but I cant
get to straight up the second column in the REC file. When I make the QES I
line up the second by hand, since  menu EDIT\line field comand seems to work
fine only with one column. But whe the REC file generated the variables,
labels and filds of the second column are not align as the QES file
(sometimes the labels are uncomplete).

Exemple: QES

p71                       RECUPRACAO
#      p72                                                       SEQUELA #

p73
OBITO#       p74                                             CAUSA MORTIS <A

p75 NECESSITOU INTERNACAO #       p76                      PROLONGOU A
INTERNACAO #

p77 MEDICAMENTO SUSPENSO #
p78                                         HOUVE MELHORA #

p79       POSOLOGIA ALTERADA #       p710 NECESSITOU TRATAMENTO ADICIONAL #

p711       HOUVE REEXPOSICAO #       p712                             REACAO
REAPARECEU #

p713    PRIMEIRA NOTIFICACAO #       p714                 NOTIFICADO PARA
INDUSTRIA #

--
Exemple of resulting REC.

 p71                         RECUPRACAO
#
p72                                                       SEQUELA #

p73                                      OBITO#
p74                                   AUS<A >

p75  NECESSITOU INTERNACAO #                  p76                   PROLON#

p77 MEDICAMENTO SUSPENSO #
p78                                                              HOUVE
MELHORA #

p79       POSOLOGIA ALTERADA #             p710        NECESSITOU TRATAMENTO
ADICIONAL #

p711       HOUVE REEXPOSICAO #
p712                              REACAO REAPARECEU #

p713 PRIMEIRA NOTIFICACAO #                                      p714
NOTIFICADO PAR #

The most amazing to me is that I´ve worked on some QES files with tow
columns before and sometimes it works fine and sometimes it just does not
work. At this file for example, a few segments work fine and some dont. Any
tip to work around this matter?

Thank you,

Pedro Emmanuel Brasil

Abraço forte e que a força esteja com você,
Pedro Emmanuel