[EpiData-list] BUG REPORT : minus sign for MISSINGVALUE with more than one field on the same line

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Feb 14 03:35:27 CST 2007

Hello,

I noticed a strang bug in Epidata Entry when I use the '-' sign to input
a MISSINGVALUE in a field.
I created three fields on one line to enter a date with incomplete value :
    Date ## ## ####
    Age ##
    Sexe #

In the check file I used the following
DATE
    MISSINGVALUE 99
END
DATE1
    MISSINGVALUE 99
END
DATE2
    MISSINGVALUE 9999
END

When I type a '-' followed by enter or tab in the field
    - DATE, the focus goes to DATE2.
    - DATE1, the focus goes to the field AGE
    - DATE2, the focus goes to the field SEXE

This only happens when I use the minus sign and when there are several
fields on the same line.

--
Jean-Marie Chrétien
CHU  d'Angers - Centre de Recherche Clinique