[EpiData-list] Showing IDNUM at top of 2 or more entry screens

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Feb 22 22:00:53 CST 2007

To get the ID repeated, do not add another <idnum> field; while this
isn't explicitly forbidden, it certainly is not a design feature of
EpiData. You can do this by adding a 'dummy' field (ID1 in the example
below) that is just above the first entry field on the second page. If
you use "first word" as your default, you can even use the same text on
the second page as on the first. For example:

page 1    ID  <idnum> Unique ID
page 2    ID ##### Unique ID
              f2 # First field  on page 2

and put this in the chk file:

ID1
  NOENTER
END

F2
  TOPOFSCREEN 1
  BEFORE ENTRY
    id1=id
  END
END

You need the "1" on the TOPOFSCREEN command so that one line shows above
field f2

Jamie