[EpiData-list] Using Notes for long text fields

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Mar 15 18:15:05 CDT 2007

Right - you would have to institute a practice of archiving the log file
periodically into Word or something else without the limit and then
empty the log file or delete it. This isn't ideal, of course, but many
of us have had to deal with this problem. Interestingly, the
EpiInfo/EpiData record format would permit coding a field length of
9999-makes you wonder what Andy Dean was thinking of back then. The
solution is probably not that difficult, and I would certainly
discourage trying to manage fields longer than 20 or so in Analysis.
This is something to add to the wish list.