[EpiData-list] Confidence intervals and stats

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Apr 19 04:59:03 CDT 2007

Hi again

I sent a request on the this earlier but I don't know if everyone was
on holiday because I didn't get any response:-)! So I am trying again!

I would like to know how one could change the confidence Interval (CI)
to reflect 90% instead of 95% which I assume is the default. I am
working in Epidata Analysis V2.0 (build 108).

If one uses the command: Set TABLE CI HEADER="(90% CI)", it does change
the header to reflect 90% but the actual CI values still stays the same.

I  also need to get the Fischer Exact p value, as well as the CI values
as part of my table output. I looked in the help function and the
command options do not seem to match up with the explanations.  There is
supposed to be an option that says 'add an extra table with a summary of
chi square, p values etc' but I can't find the appropriate command on
the LHS. I have been able to get the Fischer's exact p by using the
command /EX but the command /CI didn't give me any confidence
intervals.

Please let me know if there is a flaw in my logic as I am not a stats
expert.

Thanks.

Regards
Juanette John