[EpiData-list] consistency checks on longitudinal data

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Jul 9 06:36:51 CDT 2007

Hello all,
I'm setting up a multi-centre longitudinal study where data will be
entered by health care workers with very little experience of research
or possibly of computers. Every two weeks they will be visited by
researchers. The data will be entered long, ie with one record for each
time point. I need the data entry to be very simple, and  the
researchers will run consistency checks to find problems. Some things I
want to do are:
1) check for duplicates on a few fields ( of course there is a unique ID
- this would be to pick up duplicate data with different IDs)
2) check number of time points per patient ID
3) check dates are within range
4) check that date for time point 2 comes after date for time point 1
for the same patient ID
I have used EpiData for entry for a few years but I haven't used
Analysis. I would be glad of any advice.
Thanks,
Vicky Simms

--
Vicky Simms