[EpiData-list] "invalid floating pint" error with DESCRIBE in Analysis

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Aug 2 11:14:15 CDT 2007

I have a small data file, created in EpiData 3.1 on Windows XP.  It
consists of 7 records and 8 variables.

I load the data into Analysis version 1.1 build 68.

I use the command line editor to issue DESCRIBE * command, and I get
descriptive summaries of all variables, including the variable called
AMOUNT.

But when I issue the command DESCRIBE AMOUNT, I get an error message:
Invalid floating point operation

See attached html file.

Any suggestions how I could solve this problem?

Thanks.
--
Christopher W. Ryan, MD
40 Arch Street, Johnson City, NY  13790

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood,
divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the
vast and endless sea."  [Antoine de St. Exupery]