[EpiData-list] Relational Files Relate Error

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Aug 14 20:30:21 CDT 2007

I can reproduce this exactly with my installed version of Analysis
(Build 112). When I isolate the GM.REC file by changing its name (i.e.
no longer have associated .chk and index files), the "Excluded: ..."
message continues. So this is not a problem of the index file. The only
way I could get rid of this message was by removing the File description
from the first header line in the .rec file.

That is, changing

14 1 Filelabel: Growth Monitoring Register

14 1

I haven't seen this before, with many test files, so I just don't get
it. EPI6 ignores everything else on the first line of a .rec file, so
this suggests that there is some problem with the file description.
Analysis doesn't care if this is not present. However, I've not seen
this ever before. Jens can shed light on the header line. Sometimes it
includes the word VLAB, but this doesn't help with this problem.

Jamie