[EpiData-list] Re: Ranked variable questions

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun Aug 26 15:40:10 CDT 2007

You are right Jamie - a response of 1 was given for most imporant. I
will try using your v1=10-v1 and then the method Jens suggests.

thank you very much to both you and Jens for your help

Christine

Christine Roseveare
Analyst
Regional Public Health
570 9194
027 495 9671

>>> <epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca> 24/08/2007 1:33 p.m. >>>
An important question is whether a response of 1 most important or
least
important?
If 1 is most important, then make the default value 11 and not zero.

I would just do:

describe v1-v25

and scan the medians to find those with the lowest median (if 1 is most

important and default is 11) or highest median (10 is most important
and
default is 0). Items that are infrequently ranked will have a median
equal to the default. Items most frequently ranked will have a median
that is based mostly on ranks.

I haven't thought about the formal statistical analysis here, but
you'll
get a pretty good assessment.

Jens approach works very well when the most important response is 10.
If
most important is 1, then you can also do this:

v1 = 10-v1
v2 = 10- v2
etc
and use aggregate.

jamie

--
The information contained in this email and
any attachments is confidential and may be