[EpiData-list] providing learning materials for EpiData

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sat Oct 13 09:16:17 CDT 2007

As noted by Pedro Emmanuel regarding material in Portuguese the policy
from my side is to provide links next to the translations for materials
in the different languages on the main epidata.dk download page. It is
difficult to maintain the links if they change often. To assure that all
links are up to date at all times the most efficient way is to have a
link to a webpage and not to a particular file. The latter changes every
so often, whereas the overall - e.g. institutional site - changes rarely.

All users are encouraged to locate any link errors on the epidata.dk
pages and inform me directly via the mail info at epidata.dk. I tend not
to disclose my personal email, since spamming soon then gets a major
problem. The main mail will inform of large spam problems,  but if you
add "EpiData educational material" to the subject that mail should come
through.

On the wikipedia site I have added an entry for epidata. After some
finetuning of the wikipedia by some of the administrators from
wikipedia, there is now a short and rather clear text. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidata

It could be an idea if users translate that same page for some of the
"other than english" versions of wikipedia. I am not sure of the way to
do so, but look in the Wikipedia site for instructions. You will notice
that the wikipedia text refers to EpiData Wiki at www.epidata.org/wiki.
The EpiData wiki is among other aspects on the agenda for a meeting
taking place this weekend in Canada, where closer involvement of
Canadian epidemiologists in the development of EpiData will be
discussed. More news on this exciting event will follow next week.

I expect to give within 1-2 weeks the final announcement of release of
EpiData Analysis v2.0. With a few more aspects to settle the test
version is almost ready. Information will be given here and to all
registered users when this takes place.

Regards
Jens Lauritsen
Coordinator , EpiData Association