SV: [EpiData-list] Analysis V2 - Congratulations

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Nov 8 04:09:53 CST 2007

For those who will do outbreak investigations, you have to be careful:
Using Oswega.rec data you will get wrong estimates of attac rates and RR, using
tab ill cakes vanilla chocolate /oa /ex

To get the right results, you have to use
tab ill cakes vanilla chocolate /oa / sd /ex

There are a bug in the tab command. In statified analysis the adjusted RR is correct, also the estimated
MH-chisq and p-value. However, the degree of freedom (Df) of the MH estimator is wrong:
To demonstrate the case use
tab ill vanilla sex  /rr / sd/ t

Despite these considerations, thanks for the new version.

Egil Arnesen
Institute of community medicine,
University of Tromsø, Norway.