[EpiData-list] EpiData Entry: export filter

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Nov 15 07:59:14 CST 2007

I am hoping someone knows the answer to the following question:

I am trying to export a selection of records from an EpiData rec file
using version 3.1 to an Excel file, based on a date field. For instance,
to select all records earlier than the 14th of November 2007:

dategiven < "14/11/2007"

in the filter box, but this yields an error (not a boolean expression)
and the field dategiven is a <ddmmyyyy> field. I also tried without
quotes and using the date function, with and without the day, month,
year functions with the same result. I dare say there is a simple way to
do it, but I can't see it, so if anyone can help, I'd be most grateful.

Regards,

Neville

The information contained in the EMail and any attachments is
confidential and intended solely and for the attention and use of
the named addressee(s). It may not be disclosed to any other person
without the express authority of the HPA, or the intended
recipient, or both. If you are not the intended recipient, you must
not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or any part
of it. This footnote also confirms that this EMail has been swept
for computer viruses, but please re-sweep any attachments before
opening or saving. HTTP://www.HPA.org.uk