[EpiData-list] Epidata Entry: DEFINE var not seen in file structure or analysis

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Feb 21 12:50:29 CST 2008

Dear Epidata Users

Hope you can help me understand why this problem is arising.

I have created a CHK file with the commends:
BEFORE FILE
??? DEFINE var1
??? DEFINE var2
END

....more code----

var1 and var2 are child age in days and months respectively, computed from date of admission-date of birth;

...code---
dateadm
??? AFTER ENTRY
??? ??  LET aged=dateadm-dob
??? ??  LET agem=(dateadm-dob)/30
??? END
END

Now when I try to "File Structure" to see the variables created in the database, I do not see these 2 new variables. Even in Epidata Analysis, after reading the file, these variables do not appear in the variable lsit.

Have I missed something?
Thanks
SK