[EpiData-list] Incompatible Key Variables

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Feb 27 00:38:27 CST 2008

 Dear Epidata users,
                        I am trying to relate a child file (gm.rec which is growth monitoring data) with the  parent file (Under5b.rec, an under 5 children file)

The card variable of Under5b.rec is <IDNUM> type while it is numeric in the GM.rec file. After giving the MERGE CARD /FILE=UNDER5B.REC command, I get the following message;

Incompatible key variables.
Current file: Card of type Float
Merge file: Card of type Integer

Is there any solution for this problem. Actually  IDNUM (automatic counter) is also a numeric variable. EPI6 relates these without any problem.

Can any one help please.

I am attaching a child.zip  file (Under5b.rec and gm.rec in the form of child.zip) for the demonstration of the problem.

Waiting for you response.

With regards

Dr. Shavinder Singh