[EpiData-list] 2 questions (showing labels while entering data/copy records)

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Mar 7 13:18:29 CST 2008

Dear Floor:

Q1:
Example field SEX:

LABEL label_sex
  1 Female
  2 Male
  9 Unknown
END

sex
  COMMENT LEGAL USE label_sex SHOW
  TYPE COMMENT
END

Q2:

Make exact replicates of the EpiData REC and CHK files:

FILE01.REC, FILE01.CHK
FILE02.REC, FILE02.CHK
FILE57.REC, FILE57.CHK

Have the 57 (example) students enter the data into the 57 twins, ensure
that all have a unique identifier, then in EpiData Analysis:

read "file01.rec"
append /file="file02.rec"
append /file="file03.rec"
append /file="file57.rec"