[EpiData-list] Re: EpiData-list Digest, Vol 53, Issue 5 - Show Labelsand combine datasets

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Mar 10 23:48:04 CDT 2008

Ziad,

To show the labels while entering data is simple. Use the command show in
the CHK file:

sex
  comment legal use label_sex show
end

When cursor is in the field a box with the options will appear. You may also
use the "type" command to make the label to be seen after the fild has been
filled.

Unfortunatenly (or forntunately), Epidta does not have a multiuser mode such
as in EPI6. So, when several digitizers work wiht the same file, from time
to time, or at the end some one has to merge the files. Epidata does that.
Epidata can merge the files side to side or end to end. I dont know exactly
where it is because my menus are in portuguese. Look for something such as
"combine datasets". It is intuitive and easy to use.

In this process you have to be carefull not to delete observations in the
dataset or a whole dataset and not to use duplicates (merge the same dataset
twice). Most statistical softwares such as Stata and R have functions to
find duplicates lines in the dataset.

Best regards,
Pedro Brasil