[EpiData-list] Labeling to transfer into STATA

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Mar 28 06:26:52 CDT 2008

Ziad,

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:01 PM,  Ziad wrote:
> Dear EpiData lister
>  i am preparing my dataset now in EpiData, with aim to analyse in STATA.
>  meant to ask how to transfer the labels into STATA?
>
>  Thank you in advance and best regards
>  ziad

the export (to Stata) command in EpiData will transfer labels defined
in EpiData as well - both variable labels and value labels. The only
aber dabei is: in Stata, the variable labels might not be shown with
the correct display format. Example: EpiData number variables of
length 1 will be formatted with Stata's %1.0f display format, even
though they might have a value label attached. This means that only
the first character of the value label will be shown, when listing the
data in Stata.

To fix this: reset to the default display format in Stata:

-format <varlist> %8.0g-

- Jesper K. Hansen
Data manager, Odense University Hospital