[EpiData-list] How to package Epidata Software with desired data entry files

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Apr 9 17:58:39 CDT 2008

There are many solutions as some have already sent you. When packaging
EpiData and Analysis up, you can use the shortcut/batch files mentioned
to load Analysis so that it launches with an HTML file. This is the way
it gets loaded the first time after it is installed. If you are at all
familiar with command lines and simple HTML, have a look at the file in
(on my computer) c:\program files\epidata\docs\en\startepi.htm

This HTML file provides a way to launch a menu system with Analysis. You
can provide options such as
- Enter Data - launches Enter yourfile.rec
- Analyze Data - execute the READ yourfile command and then lets the
user use Analysis commands - you can even package up what commands
should be used.

However, these are not techniques for the novice. Have a look at
startepi.htm to get an idea of how this works and then decide how
sophisticated you want to make things (i.e. how easy/fool proof for your
users)