[EpiData-list] Epidata with Ubuntu gusty

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon May 5 20:48:48 CDT 2008

Hello all,

I tryed to install Epidata in Ubuntu today and it seems to work fine at
first. I looked at the web page and old messages at the list but latest one
were from 2004. The installation looked pretty simlpe with wine already
installed. Just click on it and wine seems to do the rest. Choose the
directory as in windows .... press continue...

At first it seems a little weird ... the installation and the program were
not in portuguese but in english. There is a lot of violations errors when
opening and closing files and sometimes epidata just dont open the files.
Some simple commands in windows such as Ctrl+Z dont work.

I try to import a simple dataset from a csv file with 6 variables and 45
observations and the same error did not allow me to complete the import....
the ID variable is not compatible. The ID variable was a number from 1 to
45. I try even to delete some variables eand most of observations to make it
simple but it didnt work out.

Does anyone have recent experiences with Epidata in Linux? Good or bad?

--
Abraço forte e que a força esteja com você,
Pedro Emmanuel