[EpiData-list] Using attack rate table output in reports

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue May 6 15:19:05 CDT 2008

First to say how great the outbreak analysis option is in Epi analysis.  Instead of slowly cutting and pasting or copying information from a whole series of 2 by 2 tables as in Epi Info as I used to, I can now quickly create an attack rate table with for all exposures of interest including not just attack rates in the exposed and unexposed, but relative risks, p values and confidence intervals though that one command. I am helping analyse an outbreak at the moment and it has saved me lots of time, thank you very much. I am still learning about working with the output though, so what I am interested to learn from others is if you are using epi analysis attack rate output table in reports written in microsoft word and if so how. I was asked to provide the table in a version that could be incorporated in a write up about the outbreak to be written in MS word .

My method was to
1. open microsoft word
2. chose insert file (making sure all files option was selected)
3. Insert the epianalysis htm file containing the table
4. Use table/select table and autoformat/grid
5. Do a small amount of re-formating
This resulted in a table that looked OK in an MS word document - but is there a better way to do it?

Also how do you change the default filename and path from EAoutput.htm to something else?

I have another question about the epicurv but will email separately

thanks

Christine

Christine Roseveare
Analyst
Regional Public Health
570 9194
027 495 9671

--
The information contained in this email and
any attachments is confidential and may be