[EpiData-list] Re: EpiData-list Digest, Vol 55, Issue 19 Missing values is not NA

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu May 29 07:05:47 CDT 2008

 Dear friend Ziad,

NA is common expression to identify missing values. If you are working with
R or S-Plus then NA is NA. That means that all functions or commands that
you want to specify NA, the expression is also NA. However, in Stata or
Epidata entry the NAs are epecified by dots (.) and sometimes by empty
quotes (" ") depending if the variable of interest is formated as numeric or
text. So, my guess is that your check command will work fine if do like
this...

AFTER ENTRY
   IF v64=. THEN
     LET V65=9 & V66=9 & goto V67