[EpiData-list] Continuous number at every new ID number

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Jul 14 22:27:54 CDT 2008

If you really need to have visit number at the time of data entry, you
should set up two related databases (see the included example with
House, Person, Visit).

However, I question the need for visit number while you are entering
data. If you need it on the paper copy, you should be able to put the
number on at the time of the encounter and just enter it.

It is very simple to generate visit number on the basis of visit date
later, in Analysis.

Jamie