[EpiData-list] Adding data from excel file

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Jul 28 12:21:32 CDT 2008

Dear Ziad:

If you have an existing EpiData set with a unique identifier, and your
Excel sheet has the same identifier in addition to the two fields, then
it should not be difficult.  Make sure that the first row in Excel has
data, then save it either as dBase file or a text file (I prefer the
latter, as semicolon delimited file) and import it (in the latter case)
into a pre-prepared EpiData QES file with the three fields.  Then in
EpiData Analysis, merge the two EpiData files.  I am sure, there are
other ways, but this one works, always provided that you have the same
unique identifier in both files which I guess is a prerequisite to any
approach.

Regards,

Hans

--