[EpiData-list] Opening html files in excel and using not equal to blank with date fields

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun Sep 14 22:00:37 CDT 2008

One comment and one query

Use of  brackets in AR% column
I just wondered if it was necessary to use brackets in the AR% tables in attack rate tables. The reason I ask is that when I open an Epidata output (html file) using Excel the AR% columns show as negative numbers - I suppose because Excel thinks the brackets indicate a negative number.

Not equal to blank in date fields

 I am having trouble wtih an if then statement where I want to do something if a date field is not blank.

I know that Epidata will accept (.) for blank dates as it accepts

If vomdate =(.) and diadate = (.) then onsetdate = (.)

But it does not accept

If vomdate =(.) and diadate <> (.)  then onsetdate = diadate

Could someone please suggest a better code for "not blank" with a date field?

thanks

Christine

Christine Roseveare
Analyst
Regional Public Health
570 9194
027 495 9671

--
The information contained in this email and
any attachments is confidential and may be