[EpiData-list] data entry on PDAs for EpiData

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Oct 16 19:38:39 CDT 2008

Thanks Ras for the info pointing towards DataDyne.org and their PDA
tool which even got a recent award.

The other tool I was alerting to is eSTEPS from WHO. It is of course
also in the public domain (i.e. freely available) and runs on Windows
and PocketPCs (with Windows mobile) whereas the Episurveyor currently
runs on the PalmOS and its devices.
In addition with eSTEPS:
  	• You can calculate the value of one field based on the value of
another during the data collection process.
	• You can do lookups from one data table for data collection.
	• You can change fonts, font colors, or font sizes, rotate between
landscape and portrait format of the screen.
	• You can show pictures on the screen (useful to illustrate meaning).
	• You can run eSTEPS on any PocketPC.

  There are many other features of eSTEPS and anyone interested to
obtain it should contact Leanne Riley from WHO on rileyl at who.int
Cheers
   Maximilian de Courten