[EpiData-list] Re: new install zipfile on web

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Oct 23 17:10:35 CDT 2008

I am a user who does not have administrative rights so may thanks for the new feature.
I like the new version of Epidata Analysis but I have one small issue. When I go file open in the programme editor It always opens up to the test data file directory C:\programme files\epidata\test data and i have to navigate to the directory where I saved my programme. With the old version if I clicked open in editor it would open at the directory of the last programme I used (e.g. F:\programmes\health protection\outbreaks). Is there something I can do to change to make the new version do this?

thanks

Christine

Christine Roseveare
Analyst
Regional Public Health
570 9194
027 495 9671

>>> <epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca> 23/10/2008 4:52 p.m. >>>
A few bugs has been found in the public release the latest week:
   a. In Epicurve when started from the menu, the time variable could
not be date - fixed
   b. In Epicurve the default Yincrease is now set to one. (/yinc=1)
these are fixed, in addition
  c the reported error with define and gen of variables "_"  will be fixed

An increasing number of users cannot install files on their own pc.
Since Epidata software is not really installed, but only unzipped and
copied the zip file for download does not contain an install file, but a
zipped copy of an installed version.

This means that all users who have problems due to lack of
administrative rights should be able to download the "Setup (zip)",
unzip and place somewhere, e.g. a subfolder to the desktop. It is then
up to the user to edit the ini file found via the edit menu to the
correct path/folder name.

If you are not using epidemic curves there is no reason to change from
build 151 to 152.

regards

The information contained in this email and
any attachments is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender
immediately and remove all copies of the message,
including any attachments.  Any views or
opinions expressed in this email (unless
otherwise stated) may not represent those of
Hutt Valley DHB.
Thank you.
** Disclaimer added by HVDHB **