[EpiData-list] sort field

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Nov 11 13:40:47 CST 2008

I have 300 records, each was stored in a disorderly file,  "failure.REC"

So, when  I preview the records, in step 5.Document (view data) this
showing:
  id age sex event
   2   0    1     25
  80  1    1     28
125  0    1     36
   3  1     1    19
  18  0    1     44
  23  0    0     12
.
.
.
  10   0   0    21
300   0   1    39
287   1   0    58
   1   0   1    23
How can I get these same records appear sorted by id, in the file
failure.REC  when I try to enter  an new records?
So when you enter the id 300, so this can then enter the id 300?
I managed this trick, STATA by exporting to ... order by id, the new
failure.dta
Then, import failure.dta to a new failure.REC ... I am working.
But it's also complicated and I do not retain the original format, let alone

id       ######
sex    ######
event  ######
erasing
{id}           What is the id of the questionnaire?   # # #
{sex}        Indicate sex                                     #
{event}      What is the patient's condition at the end of the period? #
{age}        Age at onset of the
study                                            # #

I hope you understand my question.
Carlos Ortega A.
Biostatistics