[EpiData-list] sort field

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Nov 11 16:29:13 CST 2008

You should not have those spaces in the field definitions (id # # #). I
hope that you have defined id as ###.

If so, then you can do this:

In EpiData Analysis:

read failure
sort id
savedata failure2

Then in EpiData Entry:

revise failure.qes, changing
  id ###
  id <idnum>

Save this file as failure2.qes
Choose Enter Data and say yes when you are asked to revise failure2.rec

Now the field ID is a 5-digit id number field and will automatically go
to the next  higher value when you enter data.

Be sure your paper copies of data are marked with the same id number
assigned by EpiData

Jamie Hockin
Ottawa