[EpiData-list] "Illegal entry" Dates

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Nov 12 10:41:43 CST 2008

Provided below is the syntax.  I've also made a few notes about the
error I am getting.  I have tried several times to fix this, but for
some reason EpiData is telling me it is illegal.

1. fa163axxxx

  RANGE 01/01/1900 12/31/2008

  LEGAL

    99

    -77

    88

  END

  MUSTENTER

END

1:

i.    No date will satisfy the commands.

ii.   When you do put a date it, it reads : "Illegal entry- Legal values
are 01/01/1900-12/31/2008, -77, 99, 88"

iii.  I've tried to change the field type to date and have had
difficulty making these changes.

2. fa163cxxxx

  RANGE 1/1/2004 1/1/2009

  LEGAL

    -77

    99

    88

  END

  MUSTENTER

END

3. fa163exxxx

  RANGE 1/1/2004 1/1/2009

  LEGAL

    -77

    99

    88

  END

  COMMENT LEGAL USE nscid

  MUSTENTER

END

2 and 3:

i.    No date will satisfy the commands.

ii.   When you do put a date it, it reads : "Illegal entry- Legal values
are 1/1/2004-1/1/2009, -77, 99, 88"

iii.  I've tried to change the field type to date and have had
difficulty making these changes.

Thank you for your time!!

Lindsay