[EpiData-list] Export to SPSS requires 2 stage procedure

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun Nov 30 13:46:21 CST 2008

Hello users and developers,

I am using Epidata Entry 3.1 27 Jan 2008 on Windows XP Pro SP3. I have date
entered in .REC files. When I perform the export function using the drop
down menus, it does so fine, but the .SPS and .TXT files created are all
blank. If I try re-exporting (with Epidata Entry still open), and error
message pops up: "...data still in use..." or something like that. A
successful data export to SPSS is only possible if I complete quite Epidata
Entry and and start a new instance to perform the export procedure once
again.

Could somone please verify this for me, and if so please explain what is
going on. It is quite frustrating that to have to do export in 2 stages.

Thanks,
Shuaib