[EpiData-list] Relate example in Epidata

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Dec 22 14:34:34 CST 2008

Hi Epidata members,

I am trying to figure out how the relate function works in Epidata. I am following the examples on the epidata website. I downloaded this zip file today: Relate example - Clinical Study with four forms
Working example of the structure for a Clinical study with a start, then by relating on id entering data into basic person information, sideeffects, status information and pre-study level.

This example is giving me all kinds of errors. First, I thought that it was because the Start.Rec and Clinical Study.rec are the same. I excluded all the files starting with start.*.  This wasn't the case, I narrowed it down to the file controlvisit.rec. The error received is : The field id is KEY UNIQUE, but duplicate keys were found in records 1 and 2.

A second error pops up directly after the first one:
Access violation at address 004138D3 in module 'EpiData.exe' Read of address 00000000.

I am looking forward to learn more on how to solve this issue.

Happy Holidays!

Renate

Renate van Dorp, MSc, PhD
Epidemiologist
Perth District Health Unit
653 West Gore Street
Stratford, ON N5A 1L4
Tel: 519-271-7600 ext 246
Fax: 519-271-2195
Email: rvandorp at pdhu.on.ca <mailto:rvandorp at pdhu.on.ca>

This message is intended only for the named recipient and may contain
information that is exempt from disclosure under privacy legislation in the
Province of Ontario. If you received this in error, please contact the sender
immediately by return electronic transmission and then immediately delete
this transmission, including all attachments, without copying, distributing or disclosing same.