[EpiData-list] IMIF command Problem

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sat Jan 17 08:17:35 CST 2009

IMIF should only use result variables or global variables.

Instead of the following approach

select monthr=12
select yearr=2008
select i1="Y"
imif (monthr=12) and (yearr=2008) and (i1="Y") then
tables C2bsex i1
else
type "No case reported with this Opportunistic infection"
endif

Try this:

select monthr=12
select yearr=2008
select i1="Y"
* count the records that match the select criteria
count /q
* $count is the result of the count function; is it > 0
imif $count > 0 then
tables c2bsex i1
else
type "No case reported with this Opportunistic infection"
endif

Jamie