[EpiData-list] Definition of copyrights for EpiData software and documentation

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Jan 27 22:17:18 CST 2009

On reading of the Creative Commons FAQ, they suggest not using a CC
license for software, but point to, for example, their wrapper for the
GNU General Public License. I would think that the GNU GPL also works
and prevents anyone making claims/patents on the software to the
disadvantage of the community. Creative Commons also suggests the Open
Source initiative. The Open Software License ("OSL") v. 3.0 at
http://www.opensource.org/licenses/osl-3.0.php . It includes the
situation where some components of the application source code are
licensed from elsewhere.

I really like the CC wrappers in plain language, though - this is a good
approach to use.

Jamie