[EpiData-list] Double entry for a longitudinal study

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Jan 28 15:18:07 CST 2009

I am preparing a double entry verification dataset for a longitudinal study; each participant has 6 follow-ups.

Obviously, I'd like the double entry to compare the original entry with the correct follow-up number.  For example, ID 100 has 6 follow-ups. I'd like to compare the original entry of follow-up 6 for ID 100 to the new entry of follow-up 6.

As far as I know, you can only use ONE identifiable number to compare each entry, which makes double entry for a longitudinal study inconvenient.  Is there a way to use both the ID number as well as the follow-up number while doing double entry?

Thank you for your time and attention!

Lindsay

Lindsay Iser, M.A.
University of South Florida