[EpiData-list] serious backup problem in epidata entry

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Feb 19 14:14:49 CST 2009

Hello Friends
     I create many datasets at my hospital and instruct physicians  on how to use it.  I always add a backup section to my chk files.  The problem is that after the user clicks 'save record to disk' and wants to exit, he/she usually clicks the top 'x' on the upper right side of the screen, which is the way most software works.  Unfortunately, the backup is not done unless the user clicks the lower 'x'.  There is no warning, and backups are not made.  Am I doing something wrong?  If not, is there a workaround.  Failure to make backups has caused me many problems . I am using ver 3.1(120306).
     I would really appreciate any help with this problem.

Thank you all

Steve Blum
Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center
Department of Medicine