[EpiData-list] recoding numbers....

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Mar 12 15:29:12 CDT 2009

Hello all,

Im facing a little problem which so far I could not find a work around. Any
sugestions would be welcome.

I have tow datasets which come from different sources... I intended to join
them side-by-side with epidata entry to keep on going wiht the data update.
I know that the second one would update some stuff in the firts one, at
least for the majority of the observations.

Both of the have a unique identifier which is a variable called num. However
in the first set num is like this...

133.01.2007
244.01.2007

while in the second one num is like this...

2007.01.133
2007.01.244

For any software these would be different numbers but given that I know that
2007 is the yaer and 1 is january and 244 or 133 is the sequence within the
month I know that the second dataset have num in the inverse order.
Concatenating the datasets like this would be just as append because no
observatiosn would match. I tought in recode the numbers but this would be
same as digitizing all again. Nay sugestions?

--
Abraço forte e que a força esteja com você,
Pedro Emmanuel