[EpiData-list] recoding numbers....

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Mar 12 17:47:18 CDT 2009

I will assume that your sequence numbers ALWAYS have 3 digits
(001.01.2007 and 2007.01.001)
If not, this becomes more complicated. But here is a really simple way
to do this with Analysis.

read set1
define oldnum ___________
oldnum = num
num = copy(oldnum,8,4)+copy(oldnum,4,4)+copy(oldnum,1,3)
merge num /file=set2 /update
savedata newset

I think you could also flip num around using a RECODEBLOCK in Entry, but
I find it a lot simpler to use Analysis.

Jamie